Excited for RAGBRAI to be rolling through Cumming!
Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa - Tuesday July 23, 2019
The City of Cumming will be a pass through town for RAGBRAI on Tuesday July 23rd. The route starts in Winterset and riders are expected to arrive in town by 7:00 am and will be ushered out by RAGBRAI officials at 4:30 pm. We have been told to expect between 25,000 to 30,000 riders that day. It is going to be a very exciting and busy day here in Cumming!
Vendors and Entertainment: 30 vendors will be set up throughout town! Croat Connection will be our DJ the entire day. We will also have the The Nadas band that will be playing - times yet to be determined.
Seating/Shade/Parking: Seating, shade and parking will be hard to come by on this day. If you plan to come and enjoy the festivities, be prepared for the sun and to have to sit on the grass, unless you bring your lawn chair. Parking will be along downtown city streets, but riding your bike is always the best option!
Facebook: Our page is: Cumming Ragbrai. Follow it for all the updates, when The Nadas will be playing and a list of of all the vendors that will be here!
Safety Concerns on the RAGBRAI route for Residents
* For the safety of your pets and the riders, pen your animals and keep pets leashed
* Please keep children away from the road and pathway of RAGBRAI
* Don't let kids/young people ride their bikes along with the riders. Many accidents happen every year due to this practice.
* Don't give the riders "high-fives". Accidents can be caused when a rider reaches out to touch a hand, plus it's really dangerous to have anyone that close to a bicycle route.
*Don't spray riders with water. Many don't want water on their supplies they carry on their bike or on their expensive equipment. This can distract riders and cause accidents when they try to avoid the water.
* Don't hand anything to the riders as they come into town. Riders cant carry anything on their bicycles. Reaching for something is distracting and could cause them to have an accident.