With all the rain we've been having, and the threat of a storm in the next few days, following few simple steps to prep your house, can help protect your home form major and expensive damage:
1. Remove leaves and debris from your gutters. Clogged gutters will cause water to overflow rather than funneling away from your home. Also make sure your gutters aren’t broken or leaking.
2. Inspect for any missing shingles from your roof. Make notes of areas on the roof that will require fixing.
3. Check for cracks and missing tiles on the chimney area.
4. Bring inside any lawn furniture or make sure all items left outside, in the front and backyard, are secured.
5. Check all doors and windows in your home and make sure they close properly and are well sealed.
6. Make sure your sum pump is in working condition.
7. Survey the home after the storm.
Remember don’t leave the house during a storm unless it’s necessary, and avoid flooded roadways.
Stay safe and dry!!